What’s Nurses Day at the Capitol?
Nurses Day at the Capitol is designed to help nurses in Wisconsin appreciate the importance of their role in influencing health policy and affecting change in their practice. The intent is for nurses to take the information learned at Nurses Day and use it to advocate for better nursing practice and better patient care in their work environments and communities, and ultimately to advance the profession of nursing. There is an opportunity to arrange a meeting with your legislator and/or tour the Capitol in the afternoon. About 500 RNs, APRNs, student nurses, and nursing faculty participate each year!
Early Bird registration is only $20, and raises to $30 after February 24. You may register up to 20 attendees at once–perfect for bringing a class of students!Registration Form
- Plan to tour the State Capitol! Go to tours.wisconsin.gov for all the information you need for your visit.
- Plan to visit your legislator and lobby on issues important to the profession of nursing. Choose to make an appointment on your own, or WNA can help! (Registration by January 31 required for WNA to make the appointment)
visiting with a legislator:
- APRN Title Protection Act Talking Points
- Workplace Violence Act Talking Points
- Guidelines for Grass Roots Lobbying
Interested in Sponsoring or Exhibiting at this event?
Please see below for more information and registration forms. Registration deadline is February 20, 2017.
WNA NDAC Exhibit Information and Registration 2017 – PDF
WNA NDAC Exhibit Registration 2017 – fillable Word doc