The cost of registration is $25.00 for WI APRN Coalition Members and $30.00 for non-members. Not a member of the WI APRN Coalition? Join here!
Note: If you are registering as a group, please be prepared to list all names, home addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of your group members.
The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and/or APRN students for meetings with their Assembly and State legislator. Meetings will take place in legislator offices at the State Capitol. There are three goals for meeting with legislators:
- Educate and inform legislators on the personal role and value as an APRN.
- Describe the intent and the key areas of the APRN Modernization Act and the benefits of supporting increased patient access and safety.
- Find out if the legislator will support the legislation.
The registrant will receive information and participate in the following activities during the day:
- WI APRN Coalition representatives will arrange for and notify participant of the appointment time with their legislator.
- Registrants will select either a morning or afternoon meeting time.
- The APRN Coalition will email registrants of the final time of the meetings prior to October 12, 2017.
- The pre-legislator briefing will include:
- Breakfast or lunch depending on the time selected.
- Greetings from one of the legislator bill sponsors.
- Review of the APRN Modernization Act legislation.
- Review of the legislation talking points and information about APRNs.
- Review best practices for meeting with the legislator and/or staffer.
- Receive packet of materials that is to be given to the legislator.
- A room will be reserved at the state capitol so registrants can store belongings. Return to the reserved room to:
- Debrief/summarize the outcome of legislator meetings with Coalition representatives.
- Receive materials to write thank you note to legislator prior to leaving.
- Complete evaluation form to obtain nursing contact hours