Wisconsin APRN Coalition
The WI APRN Coalition was formed to provide an efficient and effective method and process for assuring the passage of theThe APRN Modernization Act during the 2017-2018 Legislative Biennium.The APRN Coalition wants to demonstrate to legislators:
The APRN Coalition wants to demonstrate to legislators:
- That there are 4,360 APRNs practicing in Wisconsin who desire a clearer and more defined practice in Chapter 441 of the nursing statutes that support patient access, and safety.
The WI APRN Coalition wants to provide to their members:
- Update information and “Call to Action” campaigns
- A toolkit on grassroots advocacy for the APRN Modernization Act
- Informational materials that can be shared with legislators
- Sample letters for communicating with legislator
New APRN Legislation will address:
- Separate license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Legal protection of the titles and initials:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse & A.P.R.N.
- Certified Nurse Midwife & C.N.M.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist & C.R.N.A.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist & C.N.S.
- Nurse Practitioner & N.P.
- Standards for school accreditation, national board certification, and educational degree
- Standardized nomenclature of titles that conform with other states
- Greater visibility of APRN practice and impact on patient access, quality, and effective care
Benefits of Membership
- Lobbyist visibility at the State Capitol
- Access to secure/password protected website
- Report of latest activities
- Grassroots Lobbying Toolkits, including sample letters and strategies for communicating with your legislators
- Talking points
- Name posted as a coalition member
- See progress of coalition membership by legislative district (will be used to show legislators number of APRNs in their legislative district)
- Discount on October 12, 2017 Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day
- WI APRN Coalition Button