32nd Annual WNA APRN Forum Pharmacology & Clinical Update
April 26-28, 2018
Monona Terrace, Madison, WI (directions and parking options)
Please see the document below for information on all scheduled sessions/presenters and the CNE contact hours/Rx credit available for each. The official conference brochure will be available in a few weeks.
2018 Conference Fees and Session Descriptions (updated 4-17-18)
NOTE: Preconference Sessions 1A: An Introduction to Primary Wound Closure AND 2A: Common Dermatologic Disorders and In-Office Procedures are no longer available – limit of 30 participants has been reached.
Have your WNA/ANA Membership number on hand to register at the discounted ‘WNA Member’ rate. Not a member of WNA/ANA and interested in joining? click here
There is a ‘Save’ option if you need to exit your form and complete it at a later time. Two forms of payment are accepted:
- Credit Card payment – processed through PayPal, but a personal PayPal account is not required
- Check – make payable/mail to: WNA, 2820 Walton Commons–Suite 136, Madison, WI 53718. Your registration is not finalized until payment is received.
Conference Registration Deadline: April 19, 2018
You will need the password provided in the email from WNA to all conference registrants on evening of 4-17-18 to access the handouts page. All handout and reference files submitted by presenters to date have been posted – please check back as we will continue to post as we receive more….
- Download/print files as desired – or bring your device to access them at conference with free Wifi
- Printed copies of these handouts will NOT be provided at conference
- Handout files will remain posted for several months after the conference
EVALUATION – Required to receive CNE Certificate
Online evaluation available after conference begins – must be completed by May 20, 2018.
- Registration ID# needed to access the evaluation – see ID# on back of your conference nametag – OR – the Order ID# on your registration confirmation email.
- Use the “Save” button at the bottom of the evaluation form to receive an emailed link to return and complete at a later time.
- Use the “Submit Evaluation” button after you have completed the evaluations for ALL sessions attended.
- A Certificate of Completion will be emailed to the address you provided immediately after submitting the online evaluation. Check your junk/spam email folders if you do not see it in your inbox
There will be a $25 charge for the WNA office to re-open the online evaluation after May 11. This option will only be available for six months following the conference. Contact Cindy@wisconsinnurses.org for more information.
SPECIAL EVENTS AT CONFERENCE…
UW BOOKSTORE DISPLAY and SERVICES
Dave Jewell from the UW Bookstore will be onsite all 3 days of the conference and is offering a 10% discount on all displayed books, Littman stethoscopes, otoscopes, opthalmascopes, reflex hammers and more. Plan ahead to take advantage of these other convenient services …
- Place a book order with Dave at email@example.com by April 16 – receive a 10% discount and your book will be ready to pick up at conference.
- Bring your Littmann stethoscope to the conference for onsite cleaning ($10 charge) and repair (cost of parts only).
2018 POSTER PRESENTATION EVENT
The WNA APRN Forum has accepted 11 applications from practicing APRNs and APRN students to display posters summarizing their scholarly project or research during conference on Saturday, April 28. Plan to view the posters and interact with the presenters during breakfast and break times on Saturday to earn .5 contact hours of CNE credit.
2018 MARY BARKER ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSING SCHOLARSHIP
This annual scholarship opportunity offered by the WNA APRN Forum and the Nurses’ Foundation of Wisconsin is open to WNA members who are students in good standing at one of Wisconsin’s twelve nursing graduate schools preparing candidates to practice as APRNs. Up to four scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year for $2,000 each – the application is now closed. Winners will be introduced at the general conference luncheon on Friday, April 27.
HOTEL ROOM BLOCKS – updated March 22
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
9 East Wilson Street, Madison, 53703
Connected by walkway to Monona Terrace, special room rate of $185/night. Rate cut off date: April 2 (or block may fill prior to this date).
Click here for the secure and private reservation website personalized for our group.
Or call 1-877-510-7465 or 414-935-5941, group name ‘Wisconsin Nurses Assn. Pharmacology and Clinical Update’, group code is ‘WNAPC’.
Park Hotel – Best Western Premier
22 S Carroll Street, Madison, 53703
Walking distance 4 blocks from Monona Terrace, special room rates from $149-$179. Rate cut off date: March 27, 2018.
Must call hotel directly at 800-279-8811 or 608-285-8000, identify yourself as being part of the ‘Pharmacology and Clinical Update 2018 Block’.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING OR EXHIBITING AT THIS CONFERENCE?
We welcome your participation! Please see below for more information and registration forms.
2018 APRN Patron Exhibitor Information and Registration Form – PDF
2018 APRN Patron – Exhibitor Order Form – fillable Word doc
Monona Terrace Exhibitor Order Form (for electricity, hardwire internet, power strips…)
QUESTIONS? Please contact the WNA office at 800-362-3959
Wisconsin Nurses Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.