Early bird registration deadline is February 19.
What’s Nurses Day at the Capitol?
Nurses Day at the Capitol is designed to help nurses in Wisconsin appreciate the importance of their role in influencing health policy and affecting change in their practice. The intent is for nurses to take the information learned at Nurses Day and use it to advocate for better nursing practice and better patient care in their work environments and communities, and ultimately to advance the profession of nursing. There is an opportunity to arrange a meeting with your legislator and/or tour the Capitol in the afternoon. About 500 RNs, APRNs, student nurses, and nursing faculty participate each year!
Join us Thursday, March 1 for an informative day of plenary and breakout sessions on…
- Wisconsin’s nurse faculty shortage, and the impact on access to quality health care in the future
- Violence against nurses in the workplace … are there public policy solutions?
- Current environmental health issues
- Wisconsin’s APRN Modernization Act – a legislative proposal affecting all APRN practice
We will be using a ‘town hall’ format for one of the plenary sessions and will invite legislators to participate. Hear from legislators on issues that matter to you as a consumer and as a nurse!
It’s been another busy year for WNA’s Public Policy Council, and they will share highlights of their work on bills important to nursing.
And be sure to take the opportunity to meet with your legislator(s) after Nurses Day. Legislators want to hear from their constituents! You are welcome to schedule an appointment on your own, or we are happy to make this appointment for you. Talking points will be provided. Never met with a legislator before? Join a friend and go together!
FULL PROGRAM AND AGENDA TO BE AVAILABLE SOON.
- Plan to tour the State Capitol! Go to tours.wisconsin.gov for all the information you need for your visit.
- Plan to visit your legislator and lobby on issues important to the profession of nursing. Choose to make an appointment on your own, or WNA can help! (Registration by February 19 required for WNA to make the appointment)
WNA’s Public Policy Agenda for the Biennium
WNA Positions on Legislation
How a Bill Becomes a Law in Wisconsin
Workplace Violence Presentation
Communicating With Legislators Presentation
APRN Legislation Presentation
visiting with a legislator:
Interested in Exhibiting at this conference?
We welcome your participation! Please see below for more information and registration forms.
2018 Nurses Day at the Capitol Exhibitor Information
2018 Nurses Day at the Capitol Exhibitor Registration Form – fillable Word doc
Monona Terrace Exhibitor Service Order Form – additional services or equipment rental