The SURVIVING YOUR FIRST YEAR Workshop scheduled for April 9th has been CANCELLED, due to low enrollment.
The conference has been RESCHEDULED for THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25th at the Best Western Premiere Park Hotel in Madison. Please check back for the opening of registration in a few months.
The Wisconsin Nurses Association and American Nurses Association are teaming up for our next SURVIVING YOUR FIRST YEAR Workshop – an interactive, informative day designed to equip senior nursing students and newly licensed nurses with valuable information to survive their first year!
- Finding a Job: What Employers are Looking for & How to Get Hired
- Let’s Get Ethical: Considerations for Practice
- Lab Values: What You Need to Know Before Hitting the Floor
- Nurse Jeopardy Team Challenge!
- Protecting Your Nursing Practice and Nursing License: Common Legal Pitfalls
- Wanted: Nurse Leaders, Who Me?
- WNA “Surviving Your First Year” Member Panel with Q & A: Keeping Your Drive & Learning to Thrive as a New Nurse
Come to the workshop, where you will be able to…
· Understand what employers are looking for, how to get hired!
· Network with like-minded people.
· Engage with our member panel of nurses who are in their first years of practice (our most popular session).
· Learn how to identify and manage burnout and address bullying in the workplace.
· See how you can rely on your Code of Ethics to get you through difficult situations.
· Get a crash course on lab values!
· Better understand the RN’s responsibility when delegating.
Registration is $40 and includes six sessions, a light breakfast, and lunch. Participants who attended the 2018 Nurses Day at the Capitol on March 1 can enter the Promo Code on the registration form to receive their 25% discount on fee.
Past participants had this to say:
“Each session provided several tidbits of helpful info that I can use in the future”
“The topics were very dynamic, had a great balance”
“Everything in this workshop helped me learn how to handle some difficult situations as a new grad”
“This definitely increased my confidence for my first year”
“The Surviving Your First Year Workshop was such a wonderful resource and provided information, hints, and tips that will be irreplaceable as I start my career as a professional registered nurse. I was able to learn the tools to be successful in the application process, review lab values, be informed on bullying and burnout, and have an informational question and answer with other graduates that have recently undergone this journey. Graduating from nursing school is an exciting but intimidating prospect and I feel as if this workshop has set me up for success in my future!”
-Katie Challoner Senior II Nursing Student at UW-Oshkosh – Fall 2016
“Surviving Your First Year provided a comprehensive overview of topics that directly impact nursing students preparing to embark on their first year in the profession. It was truly a day of meaningful education, encouragement, and enlightenment. I would highly recommend this event to any nursing student who wants to have an edge in his or her first year of practice!”
-Carly Ademi, MSOE School of Nursing, Class of 2015